Everyone – patients, family, healthcare providers and healthcare organizations – is responsible for patient safety. Working together, we can make a difference and improve patient safety in healthcare settings across Manitoba. In order to recognize the passion of patient safety champions in Manitoba, we have established the Manitoba Institute for Patient Safety League of Champions.
Who will be invited to join our League of Champions?
• take action to support/promote/advocate for patient safety strategies
• engage patient safety as a leader, contributing to the improvement of patient safety
• inspire others to take action to improve patient safety
• leverage their resources to extend the patient safety message
What are our expectations of the members of our League of Champions?
We hope that our champions will:
• increase the voice of patient safety through the healthcare system
• leverage their contacts in the community and health system
• participate in periodic MIPS’ focus groups and consultations
• promote MIPS and our volunteer program
• consent to be added to our League of Champions on-line roster to build a collection of voices intent on improving the culture of patient safety in Manitoba.
League of Champions Roster
We are pleased to recognize the following for their patient safety contributions:
Heather Campbell, IERHA Quality & Patient Safety
Ryan Chan, Exchange District Pharmacy
Steve Geletchuk, Disaster & Emergency Preparedness Program
Cheryl Harder, WRHA Quality Improvement & Patient Safety
Jeffrey Klassen, Max Rady College of Medicine, University of Manitoba
Susan Lessard-Friesen, College of Pharmacists of Manitoba
Gale Schultz, WRHA
Dr. Marnie Waters, Winnipeg Access Clinic
Monique Wichenko, Grace Hospital
Meegan Carson, MIPS Volunteer
Jan Coates, MIPS Volunteer
Lorna Doolan, MIPS Volunteer
Sonja Lundström, MIPS Volunteer
Laura Mackenzie, MIPS Volunteer
Connie Newman, Manitoba Association of Senior Centres
Pat Porth, Two Rivers Senior Resource Council Inc.
Sandra Ragheb, MIPS Volunteer
Debbie Riel, MIPS Volunteer
Debbie Schulz, MIPS Volunteer
Wendy Sutton, Where Next? A Path for Caregivers
Susan Van Koughnet, MIPS Volunteer
Monica Woods, MIPS Volunteer